Adapted from Crazy Sexy Kitchen by Kris Carr
- Brown rice penne pasta (like Tinkyada)
- 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup frozen organic peas
- 2 heaping tablespoons capers
- ¼ – ½ cup raw, unsalted cashews
- ½-1 cup water (to blend cashews)
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 2-4 caps or 1/8 cup of vodka (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Bring water to a boil and add a dash of salt to keep the pasta from sticking. Once the water is bubbling, add the pasta. Follow the directions on the package; it should take about 12 minutes or so.
- To make the sauce, use your favorite jarred marinara as the base. Pour into a saucepan and add the garlic, peas, capers, plus a drizzle of olive oil and splash of vodka.
- In a high-speed blender, blend the cashews and water until they are creamy. Add more or less water to suit your desires. Pour the cashew cream into the sauce and stir.
- Cook on medium to low heat for about 15 minutes. Bathe the sauce all over the pasta and serve with a salad.