We went to a friend's house the other night and she served this wonderful salad. It may now be my all time favorite Quinoa Salad. Enjoy!
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or water)
- 1 cup Quinoa (rinse thoroughly first)
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped mint leaves
- 1/2 cup unsalted almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup coarsely chopped kale
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 18 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- Bring broth to a boil in a saucepan over high heat.* Add quinoa, reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer until the quinoa is tender and the liquid fully absorbed - about 10-15 minutes. Stir in olive oil and set aside to cool slightly.
- Once quinoa is cooled, stir in remaining ingredients.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
*I cook my quinoa in a rice cooker on the white rice setting.