Vegetable Sushi Rolls
- 2 nori sheets*
- 1/2 cup sticky brown rice
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 cup shitake mushrooms, thinly sliced and marinated in soy sauce for a few minutes
- Place nori sheet on a sushi mat and spread 1/2 of the sticky rice evenly on the sheet leaving 1/2 an inch around all of the edges. Press rice firmly against the nori.
- Stack red pepper, carrots, sprouts and mushrooms in one long strip over the rice in the middle of the nori sheet.
- Starting from the edge closest to you, roll up the mat with the nori using both hands. As you roll, tuck and press the nori with your fingertips to keep it tight.
- When you reach the end, wet the nori with water and press tightly to seal your roll.
- Slice into 6 to 8 pieces.
*Nori is a type of seaweed that can be found in most health food stores or in Asian food markets.