Pumpkin Spice Muffins
adapted from Vegan With a Vengeance
makes 1 dozen or 40 mini muffins
- 1 cup unbleached wheat flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cup sucanat (or sugar)
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp. molasses
- (optional) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400F and lightly grease a 12 muffin tin.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and spices.
- Separately, whisk together pumpkin, milk, oil and molasses.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well. Add chocolate chips if using.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.