makes 12 bars
- 2 cups flour (I used King Arthur's Gluten Free)
- 2 cups oats I used Gluten Free oats)
- 1 1/2 cups sucanat (or brown sugar)
- 1 1/4 cups coconut oil (or butter)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 oz. bag fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- zest from 1 orange
- Grease a 9X13 glass dish and preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix the top 7 ingredients together until crumbly.
- Press 2 cups of the mixture into the glass dish and bake uncovered for ten minutes. Set the remaining 2 cups aside.
- Bring orange juice and water to a boil; add whole cranberries and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and boil gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and add orange zest.
Build the Bars
- Spread the cranberry filling onto the baked crumb mixture and top with the remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden on top.
- Allow to cool for 45 minutes and cut into bars.