Butternut Squash with Pumkin Seeds
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1" dice
- 2 tbsp. Orange olive oil*
- 1/4 cup Espresso vinegar*
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Toss squash with oil & vinegar and salt & pepper until thoroughly coated.
- Heat small saute' pan to medium and add pumpkin seeds. Stir over heat until seeds are fragrant and start to 'puff up' being careful not to burn them. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Coat a 9X13 glass baking dish with cooking spray or olive oil. Place squash mixture into the pan, pouring any vinegar & oil mixture into the pan with the squash.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring half way through to ensure the squash won't burn and isn't sticking to the dish.
- Remove from the oven & place in serving bowl. Toss with toasted pumpkin seeds.
*If you don't have orange olive oil or espresso vinegar, just use regular olive oil and balsamic or any flavored vinegar such as fig